When we start the computer, there there are many programs that are unnecessary and start automatically. Depending on how your PC is used, some may be useful, others may not be needed as soon as Windows starts.
For this reason it is ideal that those programs that are not strictly necessary as soon as we turn on the computer do not start automatically. As this makes the PC boot longer than it should.
We will see a fairly simple tutorial so that from the same Skype settings you can avoid its automatic start. In case this method doesn't work for you, we will propose another one a little further below that can be useful for prevent the automatic start of any program.
This is extremely good because if you have a lot of programs that start automatically, not just Skype. But if you decide to disable them all, you'll notice a noticeably faster Windows startup.
How to prevent Skype from starting automatically
It's a bit annoying that many programs start automatically when you start your computer. But it's not only annoying, it also makes our computer much slower than it should by taking too long to boot into Windows.
To avoid this, the ideal is to have the least possible load of programs that start as soon as we turn on the PC. Skype is one of those programs that are not strictly necessary at least no, we have just started the day with our PC. That's why it's better to turn it off so that it doesn't start automatically and starts only when we want.
- They start by clicking on your profile picture to view a menu.
- Here we will look for the option " Settings «.
- So we will go to " General «.
- From here you can configure the behavior of the application. To prevent it from opening automatically when Windows starts, etc.
How to remove Skype autostart
In case the previous method doesn't work for you, we'll show you another one that always works with any kind of program that starts automatically.
- Right-click on a space in the Windows bottom bar. A pop-up menu will open and you will need to select » Task Manager ". You can also press » Ctrl + Alt + Canc «.
- The task manager will open and you will be able to observe the open background applications and processes. However, what we are looking for is the card " Home «.
- Once you are in the startup tab, you will be able to see all the programs that start automatically when you turn on your computer. The only thing you will have to do is simply right click on » Skype "In this case and choose" Disable »That way every time you start Windows, Skype won't do it unless you want to open it manually.
Still have questions about How to prevent Skype from starting automatically? With either of these two methods we discussed above, we're more than sure you'll be able to disable Skype's automatic startup so you can open it whenever you want.
Remember that if you have any questions on this topic you can leave them a little further down in the comments section and we will be happy to help.TagsSkype