Having a YouTube channel is relatively simple today. What isn't easy is learning everything about it. Creation takes a few minutes. But the platform has so many options and possibilities that it can take a long time to learn every detail.
From Miracomosehace we will show you which is the difference between a hidden and a private video. Also, to show you how you can go about setting up your videos with the level of privacy you want.
Put a hidden or private video on my YouTube channel
Yes YouTube Studio is a PC
- The first thing you need to do is log into YouTube Studio. To do this, log in and then click on your channel icon at the top right. A new menu appears with different options, here you will find YouTube Studio.
- Now you have to go to the left column and select " Video «.
- It directs you to a page where you can see all the videos you have uploaded to your channel.
- Open the video you want to edit.
- If you look below you will see a section " Visibility ", click on the pencil to edit.
- You can then choose whether to make it public, hidden or private.
From a cellphone
- Open the YouTube app with your account.
- In the tab » library »You will have to go to« I my videos «.
- You will be able to view all the videos uploaded to your channel. Now click on the icon with the three dots to display a small menu where you have to choose the option » Modification «.
- In the drop-down menu you will have to choose " Privacy ". Here you can select whether you want it to be hidden or private.
- To save all changes you will need to click on the arrow icon pointing to the right.
How to hide a YouTube video or make it private
In case you don't know which of the two options to choose. If hidden or private, then we will see in detail what the differences are between the two so that it is as clear as possible and you can choose the one that suits you depending on what you want to achieve.
Difference between hidden and private video
Un private video cannot be shared, nor can it be added to a channel section, much less will it appear in search results, neither as a recommended video nor as a related video. In turn, it does not appear on your channel, in the subscriber feed, nor can you leave comments.
In short, in a private video you can't do anything as it's just for you. However, in a hidden one the situation changes as it limits us only a few things.
I hidden videos are not showing in search results, neither as related nor as advice. You won't be able to see them in your channel list, nor will subscribers get notifications that it's uploaded. What you can do is share it, add it to a section of your channel, and leave comments.
So, to sum it up a bit: a private video is basically for you and no one else. While a hidden video you can control who has access to it.
Hope this tutorial on how to put a hidden or private video on my youtube channel ti was helpful. Remember we have a lot of YouTube tricks on Mira how it's done. We recommend that you continue browsing the blog to learn more about the vast world surrounding the most popular video platform of the moment.TagsYoutube