Inserting black bars on a video makes it look like a lot more cinematic, giving it a more professional look. That is why we recommend that you learn this procedure in case you use these applications constantly, on the other hand, we also recommend that you learn how to center images in Adobe Premiere Pro, to get a more polished and pleasant video.
How to put black bars on a video using Adobe Premiere or Sony Vegas
There are two outstanding video tools that we can find in the Windows operating system. We refer to Adobe Premiere and Sony Vegas, today you will learn how to put black bars using these applications.
Use Adobe Premiere to put black bars on videos
Adobe Premiere is one of the most comprehensive tools for home video editing. Through its use it is possible create videos of the highest quality, where the imagination is the limit. In case you want to use Adobe Premiere to insert black bars in a video, please read the following information carefully and follow these steps:
- Once you've opened the video you want to set up with Adobe Premiere, click the option files.
- Among the many options present, click on New and then Adjustment layer, click OK. As you will see the adjustment layer displayed in the project, you need to drag and drop it onto the video, extending it so that it encompasses the entire video.
- Apply an effect on this adjustment layer, for this go to the section Effects, located Cut out and drag it to the adjustment layer.
- Click on the adjustment layer, go to Effects controls and identify the effect Cut out.
- As you can see, several attributes will be displayed to configure, you must be in up and down and write the cut percentage, we recommend using 10%, but you can choose any number you like.
As you can see, this way you will show black bars in your video, it's that simple put black bars using Adobe Premiere program. Use this method to make your videos look more professional and cinematic, but remember that advanced audio mixing is also needed in Premiere, to make your video complete across the board.
Put black bars on a video using Sony Vegas
Sony Vegas is one of the most important applications of video editing present in Windows and other operating systems, the truth is that it is one of the best alternatives to Adobe Premiere for video editing. Many prefer to use this application over others from the competition.
Using black bars can be very useful to improve the look of our videos, if you want to perform this procedure with Sony Vegas follow these steps:
- The first step is to locate yourself within the video project you have already made.
- Individual any clip, click the option of panoramic crop.
- The Panoramic Crop options will appear on the screen, you need to press the X button.
- Now go to the reduction controls that appear in the video, as if you are trying to resize an image, do it from below.
- As you do this, you will notice that those black stripes that create such a cinematic look will start appearing in your project video.
- Set them to the size you want and close this menu.
At the moment the effect is applied only to the video clip you have previously selected, to apply it to the rest of the clips proceed as follows:
- Right click on the clip where the effect was applied, now click on the option Copy.
- Time selects all clips in the project.
- Right-click and select the option Paste event attributes.
After the previous steps, you will have already correctly configured the black bars in the program, in this way you will create a professional and very pleasant effect. As mentioned above, a very interesting cinematic effect is created, for this reason it is advisable to also know how to put subtitles on a video in Sony Vegas Pro, another aspect that will further enhance said aesthetics.