Design and imagery, layout and other types of digital content have taken a total turn with the emergence of organizations such as Adobe, which have been offering a wide range of tools that allow viewing creation and editing of photographs, books, animation and much more.
If there's one organization that could rock the biggest names in digital content creation and design, it definitely would Corel. After Adobe was founded in 1982, the Corel organization emerged in 1985 in Canada.
This software developer did not stay in the design part but, moreover, did the creation of programs that they could also cope with those that make up the Microsoft Office package, launching the Corel HOME OFFICE package in 2009, consisting of CorelWRITE, CorelCALCULATE, and CorelSHOW.
CorelDRAW is its most popular design tool
Despite all the progress it has made, the program that has put it on par with the top developers is undoubtedly CorelDRAW.
This application is designed to meet the needs of its users in terms of layout, design, printing and web publishing.
Most important features of CorelDRAW
Like any other program, as technology has allowed the design of new and potentially useful tools, Corel has refined the interface of CorelDRAW, to make it one of the most complete on the market. Among the most relevant functions are:
- The addition of color palettes in 1999.
- The ability to publish as PDF in 2000.
- The creation of objects using the symbol tool in 2002.
- Conversion of bitmaps into vector graphics in 2007, thanks to the inclusion of the vectorization engine.
The tool of the day
It wasn't included in the list above, but it's still interesting and useful when designing. In this opportunity, you will be able to explore how the shading option it works on objects.
This feature has been included in CorelDRAW since its eighth release in 1998, along with the multi-file import feature and the Zipper and Whirlwind tools, which allow you to distort images.
How to use shading
This tool will allow you to simulate the effect of light on objects or texts that are in your drawing. This nuance can be applied from several points of view:
In order to use this feature, you must locate the ribbon which is located on the left side of the screen, where you will get the button that will allow you to launch this tool.
As soon as you select it shading tool, you can click on the object so that it is selected.
- You can hold down the left button on the object and drag the one indicated to the area where you want to set the shadow.
- At the top left of the screen, you'll find a Presets button. By clicking on it, a menu with the different types of shadow will be displayed, choosing the one you prefer.
Depending on the position given to the effect, some buttons for configuring the instrument will be enabled and disabled.
- If you applied the effect in a centered way, will enabled the buttons that allow you to determine the distance between the object and shadow.
- Placing the shadow under the object will allow the options needed to determine the angle of inclination and lengthen the length of the shadow.
- Another shadow fade option which will apply an object that fades into shadow depending on the length.
To make the even better shade Compared to the object you use for your drawing, CorelDRAW offers another set of functions that will allow you to customize this effect. In this sense, you will be able to:
- Determines the opacity of the shadow.
- Soften or blend the edges of the shadow.
- Using the Fade Direction option, you can select from which area the effect can be washed out.
- Change the color of the shadow.
- Apply shadow and silhouette effects to texts.