How to split a whole PDF into multiple single files?
Using Google Chrome:
This method is very simple and you won't have to install any applications or programs, plus it's free; you just need to be connected to the internet and use the Google Chrome browser. This method can be used on computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones; But keep in mind that to open your PDF file on a mobile you will need an app.
Next we will explain how to use Google Chrome to split a PDF document from your PC:
- Click with il right key on the PDF document you want to split.
- A menu with a series of options will appear; Place the mouse cursor on the "Open with" option and a submenu will appear where you need to select "Google Chrome".
- Immediately the PDF file will open in your Google Chrome browser.
- Now you need to go to the top right corner of the document and click a printer icon. If you don't see this icon, click on the three vertical dots in the top right corner of the screen; A menu will appear in which you need to select «Print…».
- Both options ti will redirect to a pop-up window, where you will see the complete PDF file and you will also see, on the right or left side of the document, a small menu with different options.
- In the option that says "Pages" you have to click on the drop down arrow and select "Personalized" (This step is sometimes omitted; if it doesn't show up in the pop-up window, skip it and go to step 8).
- You will now see a box in which p is written. ex 1-5, 8, 11-13 (it is written in light gray); in that box write the numbers of the pages you want to split ; for example 1-5, 9, 12-18 (you can split a single sheet or multiple sheets at a time). If the option from step 7 does not appear in the pop-up window; If you see this box, select it and type in the numbers of the pages you need to split.
- In the destination option make sure it says "Save as PDF". If this option is not selected, click on the drop-down arrow and choose "Save as PDF"; the other options will not allow you to split the document.
- Click the button that says «Save».
- Another pop-up window will appear where you need to name your new file, also select the location where your file will be saved (you can save it to a document, desktop or folder you created for that purpose). Finally click on «Save».
- Ready, your PDF document has been split correctly and the original document will remain intact.
In many cases, PDF files have a rather poor resolution; especially when it comes to pages from a scanned book. If this is the case with your PDF, we tell you that there are several options online to change the resolution of the file to make it sharper, so that its content is better appreciated.
Split an entire PDF into multiple single files using Adobe Acrobat
Adobe Acrobat is an application designed to edit files with the PDF format, it is an easy to use application; however, it is not free. If you have the free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, it is not possible to split a file with this application.
- Do button click right on the PDF file that you want to split.
- When a menu is displayed, place the mouse cursor over the option "Open with" and a submenu will appear where you need to select "Adobe Acrobat".
- On the right side of the screen you will see a side menu, select the option "More tools" and a panel with more tools will open, select "Organize pages".
- Then click "Split document".
- Choose how you want to split the file, be it single or multiple files. Acrobat allows you to divide by a predetermined number of pages.
- Click the button "Output options" to locate the new file and label it with a name.
- Do click su «OK».
- Ready you have already split your PDF files using Adobe Acrobat; you can search for new files in the location you set earlier.
Remember that to use Adobe Acrobat you need to purchase this application; since, the free version limits some functions, including file splitting. If you don't have it, another good option is to open your PDF document in Word and once there you can create multiple PDF documents by selecting the specific pages you want to add to each.
As you can see, it is very easy to edit PDF files according to your needs. Not only as we mentioned it in this article, but you can also translate a PDF file from English to Spanish and many other options. Don't think twice and make any changes you want to any PDF document.Etiquetas Office applications