Windows 10 is an operating system that allows us to make a large number of changes. From customizing the style, to deactivating the activity center or activating and keeping the activity center visible, a wide variety of options.
One of the functions we can disable is the Windows 10 activity history. In this way we can improve the privacy of our computer so that the actions we perform in the operating system when we use it are not recorded.
The activity log keeps track everything we do on the computer. From the applications we use, to the folders we open, to the files we create, to the sites we visit. In short, a record is kept of everything we do on and with the computer.
Microsoft uses this history to offer you different personalized experiences, from prioritizing certain things based on what we use the most, to providing suggestions on certain things that are important to the operating system.
In short, thanks to what we are doing in the operating system, Windows us " it helps "Somehow following our patterns. Something that many people don't like at all, as their privacy is violated.
Today we will see precisely how to disable this option so that Windows no longer saves the log of our activities and in this way we can improve our privacy a little more every time we use the computer.
We will see an extremely simple tutorial that if you follow it step by step it will not take long to get rid of this feature from the Microsoft operating system and to protect your privacy.
Disable activity history in Windows 10
- The first thing we will need to do is enter the registry of the Windows operating system. For this we will have to use the command " regedit "From the search box after pressing" Start ”In the lower left area of the operating system screen.
- In this new window we will have to navigate in the left sidebar following this address: " HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SOFTWARE / Policies / Microsoft / Windows / System ".
- We will now focus on the window on the right where we will create a new value DWORD and we will call " PublishUserActivities ".
- To permanently disable the activity history we will have to set the value to 0 in the previously created entry.
- Also, this is something you can change whenever you want. Since if you want this function to be active again, all you have to do is delete the entry we created earlier.
How to turn off activity history in Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise
- In case you have the Pro and Enterprise versions, it is much easier to disable the option in question. All you have to do is enter the command " gpedit.msc ".
- In this new window we will go up Computer Configuration> Administrative Templates> System.
- Once we are in " Operating system policies “, What we need to do is click on the option to post user activities.
- A new window will open in which we can disable it.
- Then you will need to save the changes and restart your computer so that they are applied correctly.
As you can see, it is quite easy disable Windows 10 activity history in any version. Likewise, if you are unsure how to proceed or about any point in either tutorial, you can leave it in the comment box located a little further down.
Trending Topic Articles:
- telegram channels to watch motogp live and free now
- where to watch nba live streaming with telegram now
- best telegram channels to watch football streaming tv now
- watch tennis streaming free on telegram best channels now
- best telegram channels to watch and download movies and series now
- best telegram channels to watch formula 1 live and free now