Since Microsoft will no longer update the Windows 7 operating system, nor will it release patches, so any computer that still uses Windows 7 it is at the mercy of any attacker.
All data found in Windows 7 as of January 14, 2020 can be violated. The best way to prevent these attacks is to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 8, 8.1 or 10, so today to see how this is done, we offer you a simple guide to upgrade Windows 7.
What do I need to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 for free?
Upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 is extremely simple and can be done for free, the only thing you need to upgrade your Windows 7 is to have and format a USB memory and have a good internet connection.
I requirements to install Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 they are exactly the same as in Windows 7, the memory consumption is similar, and the speed between these systems does not differ greatly.
It is important to keep in mind that if your computer has the Windows 7 operating system, it will not be possible to update it to Windows 10 immediately, you will need to upgrade to Windows 8 and 8.1 first. However, if you want to upgrade to Windows 10 immediately, you will need to format your computer.
How to backup documents so as not to lose information?
When updating Windows 7 to Windows 8, 8.1 or 10, the best way to avoid losing data and information is to back up your documents and programs before formatting your PC to update Windows.
To perform a backup in Windows 7 you need to have a USB device to store each of the data and information on your computer.
The first step is enter the control panel and select the section "Systems and security", within this section there are a series of options, among which it is necessary to click on "Backup and restore".
Then you need to click "Backup configurator", then you will only need to select the external or USB storage drive.
In this way, the work operating Windows 7 will create a copy or backup on the external storage drive you inserted.
Steps to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 8, 8.1 or 10
To upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 you need to choose the version of Windows you want, this could be Windows 8, 8.1 or 10 so you need to download the tool, this can be done for free from the official Microsoft website.
Once the program is installed, you will have the option "Update your computer now" or “create installation media”, you have to select the first option. In case the tool requires a license, you need to enter the Windows 7 license and the computer password.
The process of upgrading from Windows 7 to any other version is usually a lengthy process takes about 30 minutes, so you need to be patient.
Al completion of the update of the program , he pc it will restart and then boot with the version of Windows you have chosen. It is recommended that you sign in with a Microsoft account so that the license is connected to the cloud and therefore does not lose it.
When the installation process is finished, you can proceed with sending all your documents from USB memory to PC.
What files do I keep and which do I lose when updating my version of Windows?
Whenever you update your operating system, it is recommended make a backup of all your personal files on external media to the computer you want to update, so you avoid the risk of losing your information if something goes wrong during the update.
On the other hand, Windows has a function to make a backup copy of all users' files, it is enough that before starting the update process go to the top, then to the control panel, then locate the system and maintenance section , and there you will find the option called: “Backup and restore”, if this is the first time you use this function you will have to click on the option called “Configure backup”, then follow the steps that the configuration wizard will give you. will indicate, here is where you will need to choose which files, folders and documents you want to back up to so that they are not lost during the update process.
If you have already done this setup before, then you have to directly select the option that says: "Back up now", it is important to emphasize the recommendation not to perform this backup on the same hard drive where the operating system you are about to upgrade is installed on.
What significant differences are there in changing the Windows version?
Microsoft has decided to make many changes to the visual interface in its Windows operating system, among the most important between Windows 7 and Windows 8 we can mention the following:
Windows 7 and 8
- Windows 8 has stopped using the traditional start menu to give way to a "home screen", which when you press the "Windows" key, which was previously just a menu, now covers the entire screen and gives you access to a variety of folders, programs and system functions at glance.
- In Windows 7 the way to see the open applications was to use the key combination "Alt + Tab", now in Windows 8 the way to show applications you have opened will be by combining the "Alt + Win" keys.
- One of the biggest innovations is its “Application Store”, so now Microsoft has included its own Windows Store in Windows 8, where you can get hundreds of applications, including applications for watching movies and TV like Netflix, as well as applications for design, productivity and a large variety of very interesting software.
- Another important technical fact is that Windows 8 has significantly reduced its boot time compared to its predecessor, if you have your system installed on an SSD. you will notice that the boot time is approximately between 7 and 8 seconds.
Windows 8 or 8.1 and 10
- One of the most striking differences is that Windows 10 was designed to be a multipurpose operating system and to be compatible with a wide variety of devices that may arise in the future, tablets, phones, smart home systems, the idea is that this system is compatible with everything that may come next.
- Another quite significant difference is the return of the "Start Menu", it seems that having left out this element in Windows version 8 and 8.1, it has not been very well received by users.
- Resource consumption is also been optimized in Windows 10, so if you have little RAM or a not very powerful processor, this version will be able to make better use of these resources and give better performance.
How much does a Windows license cost and why is it free on my PC?
Windows 10 licenses vary depending on the version chosen, for example the Home version, for personal or home use, costs € 145,00 ($ 172), the Pro version, ideal for small businesses, costs € 259,00 , 307 ($ 10) and version 439,00 Pro for Workstation at a cost of € 521 ($ XNUMX) if you buy these licenses on Microsoft's official website.
The way to get a free Windows 10 license for your computer is have an active Windows 7 license installed and perform the upgrade process to Windows 8 and later to Windows 10, so that with the same license you can enjoy the latest version of the operating system.
How can I purchase a genuine Windows license?
You must go to www.microsoft.com and look for the “Store” or “Store” section, a depending on the country you are connecting from, the different versions available, the prices and payment methods that will be shown to you in order to complete the purchase process.
Can you upgrade from one version of Windows to another for free?
Yup, if you have an original active license in your current operating system, you can start the update process completely free of charge and without losing your active license.
Which computers can and cannot be upgraded to Windows 10?
I minimum requirements in order to install version 10 of this system are the following:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz), or faster processor or SoC
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
- Hard disk space: 16GB for 32-bit OS or 20GB for 64-bit OS
- Graphic card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
- Screen: 800 x 600 pixels.
If you have these requirements or more, the your computer is suitable for installing the Windows 10 version.Tagsfinestre