What is Ping in Fortnite? How can I view and download it?
Ping within a video game specifically refers to the latency present in a connection, more specifically between the video game and your computer. The term latency yes refers to the delay between what you see on the screen and what is sent to the server.
As you can imagine in multiplayer video games, having a low ping is highly recommended, as the actions you perform on the computer will have a shorter delay than on the server.
In relation to the country and the quality of your internet connection the ping will vary a lot, the most common being that in countries with a good connection this figure is between 0 and 50, while in other places where connections are not very good the figure will exceed that indicated above.
It is important to know how much Ping is ideal for Fortnite. In the case of this video game, it is recommended that your Ping be less than 100, but this will also depend on your location. The upside is that Fortnite tends to match users based on their connection, but it's always good to keep the ping as low as possible.
How to lower the ping within Fortnite?
The general rule of thumb for low ping is not to use the connection for heavy tasks, such as downloads, this is something you need to take into consideration if your internet connection is relatively slow (10MB or less), for this reason As a first point , We advise you to cancel or pause downloads while you are playing.
Likewise, in case you see that your Ping is very high, it is very likely that other people in your network are harming your experience. That said, it is best to assess whether your password has been breached, if so, we recommend that you change it.
As you will see, the general rule for having a low Ping is not to use the connection excessively, in fact, it is better to always focus mainly on the video game and not to use the network while inside Fortnite.
In any case, you should also keep in mind that many times the problem of a high ping is not due to your computer or your connection, as it is very common for servers to have certain problems that can affect Ping.
How can I see the Ping inside Fortnite?
You can see Ping in Fortnite through a simple process. This is an essential aspect of evaluating the performance of our Internet connection. If you want to activate and view Ping correctly, read the following guide carefully:
- The first thing you need to do is log into Fortnite . To do it , devi enter Fortnite and enter your credentials .
- Once you are in it, you should go to the menu section, which you can access by pressing on the three horizontal lines located at the top and right.
- In the menu you will find the “Settings” option first, click on that option.
- Within the configuration menu you should go to the third tab called "Game User Interface", where all the options shown on the screen will be displayed when we play, you should look for that call “Network Debugging Statistics”.
- Notice that the option looks like "Activated", after which you need to click on “Apply” and then on the “Return” option.
By performing the above steps, you will be able to correctly view the Ping within Fortnite, something particularly useful for seeing what the status of your network is. In case it cannot be found, it is commonly found in the upper left of the screen.